Right now, Linux or FreeBSD beta version is NOT available for download but there is some good news for both Linux and FreeBSD desktop users :)
From the site:
I know the first question that just popped into your head is "What about Linux?" The answer is: QE has not skipped a beat and is starting the beta certification of the Linux player which will go live on Adobe Labs when it passes the certification tests. You'll have to estimate when you think that will be on your own. ;-) Yes, it will be the same version as what was released today in the Win/Mac beta on Adobe Labs.
FreeBSD users, this one's for you: We have updated the EULA for this release. The first key change is that it is a combined "player" EULA, so it also refers to terms related to Adobe Reader. Second change - and one that I hope will be welcomed by many of you - is that we did away with the concept of "authorized OS" ...but this means you should review the Restrictions listed in Section 3a. These changes mean that IF you as an end-user want to install on a platform that we don't officially support in the system requirements AND you can get it to work AND you understand that we won't provide technical support for your efforts -- you can freely install the player without being in violation of the EULA. This does not impact the free distribution license, which still lists "authorized OS".
Read more at macromedia weblog...TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop