E-mail is a way of sending a message between users and administrators from command prompt for shell script. Use mail command as follows
mail -s "Subject" username-name or email-id
When the message is complete, press Control-D or type dot character and press return/enter key.
1) To send email to root user to notify printing problem
mail -s "printing problem" firstname.lastname@example.org
I am having problem with printing can you please check up what is wrong with it. It was working fine untile late evening after that it is not printing from my HP-UX workstation.
Please note you can also use webmail program form your web browser or other mail client if already configured.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop