OpenSolaris is an open source version of Sun Solaris operating system. It was build and largly used by developers, system administrators and other users.
Get the OpenSolaris Starter Kit!
Now you get OpenSolaris DVD just like Ubuntu Linux for free. This kit will help you learn about the OpenSolaris source code and the community. On the DVDs, you'll find:
=> Solaris Express - Preview future features of Sun's Solaris Operating System. Also inside: ZFS, DTrace, Containers, and hundreds of other unique features.
=> Live CDs - These bootable images allow you to check out community-built distributions of OpenSolaris, each with unique features:
- Nexenta OS
=> Sun Studio compilers - Get advanced features for developing applications on Sun Solaris platforms.
* OpenSolaris source code.
* System Requirments — x86/x64 based system.
DVD Order info
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop