NetBSD is best known for its portability and quality of design :) It is often used in embedded systems.
FTA, "NetBSD has an interesting architecture, which is often taken for granted and rarely commented on outside Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) circles. The system's well thought-out design allows for wide hardware support, a small footprint, stability, and security. NetBSD's unique features include a new paradigm for handling device drivers and other interesting innovations."
Read more at IBM developerworks...
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop