The GNOME Desktop is released every six months with many new features, improvements, "bug" fixes and translations. GNOME 2.16 continues this tradition and includes many interesting new features and fixes for hundreds of reported bugs.
GNOME 2.16 is the latest version of the GNOME Desktop; a popular, multi-platform desktop environment for Linux, UNIX and other platforms. Based on Free and Open Source Software, GNOME provides all of the common tools computer users have come to expect of a modern computing environment, as well as a flexible and powerful platform for software developers.
If you're traveling a lot with your laptop computer, the new integrated power management support of GNOME 2.16 will be a major help: It lets you manage your battery, UPS, and wireless peripherals.
You can now burn DVDs directly with Nautilus CD Burner; there's no need to make an image anymore. :D
Use 'Baobab' (program) to finer control of your disk space.
=> More info @ GNOME 2.16 Release Notes
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop