Google released new programming code under the GPL license to enhance MySQL databases.
These are patches for MySQL 4.0.26. They add many features that enhance the manageability and reliability of MySQL.
The patch works with MySQL version 4 and Google expects version 5 support shortly.
The patches include a few big features and many enhancements. The big features are:
* SemiSyncReplication – block commit on a master until at least one slave acknowledges receipt of all replication events.
* MirroredBinlogs – maintain a copy of the master’s binlog on a slave
* TransactionalReplication – make InnoDB and slave replication state consistent during crash recovery
* UserTableMonitoring – monitor and report database activity per account and table
* InnodbAsyncIo – support multiple background IO threads for InnoDB
* FastMasterPromotion – promote a slave to a master without restart