Google released new programming code under the GPL license to enhance MySQL databases.
These are patches for MySQL 4.0.26. They add many features that enhance the manageability and reliability of MySQL.
The patch works with MySQL version 4 and Google expects version 5 support shortly.
The patches include a few big features and many enhancements. The big features are:
* SemiSyncReplication - block commit on a master until at least one slave acknowledges receipt of all replication events.
* MirroredBinlogs - maintain a copy of the master's binlog on a slave
* TransactionalReplication - make InnoDB and slave replication state consistent during crash recovery
* UserTableMonitoring - monitor and report database activity per account and table
* InnodbAsyncIo - support multiple background IO threads for InnoDB
* FastMasterPromotion - promote a slave to a master without restart
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop