If you would like to configure Cisco router using Linux or FreeBSD (connected to a local COM port). Use the following instruction to configure device:
1) Connect cisco router to com port using serial cable
2) Use program like minicom (type minicom at a shell prompt)
3) Select the port, speed and /dev/ttyS0 as com1 port and save configuration as dfl. Next select Exit
4) Continue with your router configuration…
5) For more information on minicom read man page here
6) Other links:Tweet itFacebook itGoogle+ itPDF itFound an error/typo on this page?