Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service, that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (also known as tweets). Now, you can build your own Twitter like service using trillr1.
From the announcement blog:
Trillr is a Twitter-like microblogging service enhanced with user directory and group discussion features. It was born in November 2007 as a peer group experiment where Jan Brauer, Christian Pesch and I decided to create "something like Twitter" to learn more about the programming language Python and its web framework Django.
You can download trillr1 source code here.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop