As I said earlier you need to tweak few things to run this monitor with Intel 810 or 845 based chip-set under Ubuntu Linux.
In order to use higher resolution install updated Intel i8xx, i9xx display driver. It is provided by a package called xserver-xorg-video-intel. This package provides the driver for the Intel i8xx and i9xx family of chipsets, including i810, i815, i830, i845, i855, i865, i915, and i945 series chips.
Replace driver by running the apt-get command. Open your terminal and type command:
$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
Now run ddcprobe command to get monitor VertRefresh values and HorizSync rate:
$ sudo ddcprobe | grep monitorrange
monitorrange: 24-82, 50-75
24-82 is your HorizSync rates and the second pair is your VertRefresh (50-75) values.
Next reconfigure xserver (X.org) video and monitor using auto detect feature:
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
Set monitor resolution 1440 x 900 and others as per your requirement. Save the changes and reboot the system.
After login you can adjust screen resolution by visiting System > Preferences > Screen Resolution > Select desired screen resolution such as 1440 x 900 and save the changes.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop