You may have noticed that most my webpage are loading bit faster. Here is what I did:
a) CSS code moved to its own file and included CSS at the top
d) Turn on Apache gzip/mod_deflate compression
e) Turn on WordPress caching
f) Turn on php script caching (I’m using eAccelerator)
g) Tweak MySQL for optimization. Turn on query cache and other settings.
h) If possible switch to lighttpd or use squid / lighttpd as caching server for old good Apache.
If you have tons of cash to burn (assuming that your web app demands performance):
- Consider using CDN (Content Delivery Network) such as Akamai or SAVVIS.
- Server load balancing
However there are some external JS script snippets such as Google Adsense which slows down loading of a webpage. In few months I may roll out a new template and I will try to fix this issue :)
I'm interested to know what other people's experiences with web page optimization. Feel free to share your tips.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop