A LiveCD is an operating system along with useful apps stored on a bootable CD-ROM / DVD disk. You can run complete operating system without installation on a hard disk. I often use Knoppix Live CD for troubleshooting, fixing computers and testing new hardware.
This article talks about generating your customized Linux distribution using NimbleX Live Cd. It allows you selecting packages you want to have and it also allows you to configure several other stuff like the default wallpaper, volumes, sounds, greetings, passwords and the language of the interface:
Custom NimbleX 2 is now available for everybody. Even if now it is at Release Candidate stage this provides a much better way for generating a customised Free Linux OS based on NimbleX. The only requirements from the users are knowledge of English, a web browser (Firefox) and a CD for burning the ISO that was generated.
Download NimbleX Live CD or Customize NimbleX 2 Live CD
=> NimbleX project home page.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop