Recently my bank made some changes to web based banking facility. It is now IE only site for netbanking. They have coded site such way it only works with IE and do not work with Firefox browser.
So I need to change the 'user agent' field in the Mozilla web browser to make it "look" and "act" like Internet Explorer (IE).
Luckily Google pointed out to a user agent switcher that is written as an extension to Mozilla products.
From the extension home page:
It adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser. It works with following mozilla products:
=> Firefox All version
=> Mozilla Browser All version
How do I use User Agent Switcher?
a) All you have to do is download this extension
b) Install extension
c) Click on Tools > User agent switcher
d) Select Internet Explorer (Win XP) and save the changes
Now you can browse most websites w/o a problem :)
User Agent Switcher in Action
You can also add additional user agents as per your needs to for different browsers :)
=> Download User Agent Switcher
=> Authors pageTwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop