IIT Mumbai (IIT-B) one of the countries premier science/technology institute and ranked among the top research universities in the world announced the Red Hat Scholarship for students.
The objective of the Red Hat scholarships is to speed up the adoption of open source software in India and make India a proud contributor to the global open source community.
The challenges are:
- Open Source localization in Indian languages
- Development of open source Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) frameworks
- Meaningful applications for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) e.g. MiniERP, Accounting and microcredit applications
- Geographical Information Systems
- Embedded Linux and associated applications for Net appliances e.g. smart cards, cell phones, handled PDAs, general appliances etc.
- Audio/Video applications like VoIP, Internet telephony, feature recognition, text-to-speech etc.
- Network related e.g. protocols, security etc.
- System software and tools. e.g. Linux extensions, open source databases, and their functionality extensions, software development environments.
This is the third consecutive year that the Red Hat Scholarships program is being run. This program will be a recurring, annual event. Under this program, awards worth Rs 10 lakhs will be distributed to the winning teams.
For more info see:
- Send your applications @ IIT-B for Red Hat Scholarship (The Open Source challenge)
- Red Hat Scholarships 2006-2007 home page and other information regarding this issue.
Right now, I am learning lots of coding and Programming, I will try my luck next year :)TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop