Dunnington is Intel's first multi-core CPU - features a single-die six- (or hexa) core design with three unified 3 MB L2 caches (resembling three merged 45 nm dual-core Wolfdale dies), and 96 KB L1 cache (Data) and 16 MB of L3 cache. It features 1066 MHz FSB, fits into the Tigerton's mPGA604 socket, and is compatible with the Caneland chipset. These processors support DDR2-1066 (533 MHz), and have a maximum TDP below 130 W. They are intended for blades and other stacked computer systems.
I've Sun Blade X6450 server for ERP application:
The four-socket Sun Blade X6450 server module features Intel Xeon processor 7000 series and up to 192 GB of memory. With 24 DIMM slots per server module, it gives you 50 percent more memory capacity than competing blade servers making it an ideal fit for virtualization and server consolidation, HPC, database and enterprise applications. Fill a Sun Blade 6048 chassis for a remarkable 11TFLOPS of peak performance and up to 1152 processing cores per rack.
I tried old RHEL version and it failed to work because of old kernel. So I called to Redhat support and they told me to use at least kernel 2.6.18-92.1.10 and above. The problem is my client do not have RHEL 5.2 media and License (server came with Solaris 10). So I asked my client to get RHEL 5.2. Unfortunately, their local software vendor was out of stock for RHEL software. It took 5 days to get software media kit.
Finally, I've installed it on Sun blade server. It is working fine now. I wish I knew about latest Intel Xeon 7400 support problem earlier. It may have saved some time, effort, traveling and money on my part. I should have gone though server datasheet. This server only works with RHEL version 4.7 or 5.2 (32/64 bit) and above.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop