The strong earth quake off Taiwan on Tuesday night that cut undersea cable brought down Internet and long distance telephone calls for several hours.
At my work place we have several LL from VSNL and one of them went completely down. Thanks to some smart networking and routing traffic was routed via other providers.
Most ISPs in India use Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel). The work is in progress and it will take 2 weeks to fix cable.
=> Total 6 undersea cables are out of order
=> Disrupts telecommunication across Asia
=> In India, back offices and call centers experienced some difficulty
=> Many ISP were down or working extremely slow
But thanks to superb network design and multiple service providers most services back online now.
More information is available here
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop