I’ve received lots mail regarding this issue. A typical question
How do I install Oracle on Redhat or Suse Linux? Howto configure Oracle along with few DBA questions.
First, Oracle goes very well with Redhat / Oracle Linux or Suse Linux. Don’t try other disto. Other distro may work but it requires some expertise. Personally I have installed Oracle on RHEL 4 and Suse Linux as well as few Debian boxes.
Installation is really easy if you follow official installation guide. I’m not going to write instructions here but following resources should help anyone:
Official Oracle-on-Linux Installation Docs
A must have for Linux admin. This page contains a collection of install guides and tips that worked best for customers as reported in the Linux Discussion Forums and OTN Installfests.
The Oracle-on-Linux Installation Menu
Oracle Linux Page
It is one of the best resource for Oracle 9/10 installation.
Installing Oracle Database XE on Debian, Ubuntu, and Kubuntu
What happens when you try to install Oracle Database XE Beta on a new Linux distribution? You learn a whole lot!
Hope this helps out.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop