Almost all leading Laptop venders - Sony, Dell and others recalling their laptop batteries due to safety issues such as flames (I cannot even imagine lap flames ;) ).
So is a fire extinguisher the next must-have notebook accessory?
How you are going to protect yourself from such hell?
MSN tech is offering few tips, from the article:
Of course, nobody wants to be one of the unlucky few, and you're probably wondering what the hubbub is about. This week I'll answer questions about the risks of lithium ion batteries. Next week I'll offer tips on what you can do to protect yourself, plus give you an update on what's being done to reduce or eliminate such risks in the future.
This article answers question such as:
=> Why Would a Battery Overheat?
=> What Causes a Battery to Short-Circuit and flames?
=> How Big Is the Risk?
=> Read more at msn.com...
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop