This is great news for open source software and country like India where price factor plays major purchase decision.
The Hindu India's National Newspaper reports that:
Most serious players in the computers market expect two dominant operating systems -- Microsoft Windows and Linux. Accordingly, computer makers such as IBM, Dell, HP and, of course, the Taiwanese computer exporter Acer are not really taking sides, happy to sell whatever the customer wants.
Indeed, with Linux consistently bettering market expectations, these large firms are offering more choice and lower prices, not just in the server market, but also on laptops. And laptops pre-loaded with Linux operating system are gaining in popularity among Indian customers as well.
=> Read more at the hindu.com.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop