Mono project offers .NET compatible set of tools, including among others a C# compiler and a Common Language Runtime. It runs on Linux, *BSD, Windows and other operating systems. From the article:
TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
The FastCGI Mono Server was developed as part of the 2007 Google Summer of Code (http://code.google.com/soc/2007/) with the goal of increasing the availablity of ASP.NET and simplifying configuration. Requiring as little as zero command line options and supporting a large number of servers, the FastCGI Mono Server makes it simple to include ASP.NET on your server.
This documentation contains configuration instructions for serveral web servers on Linux, with plans to expand support to Windows and Macintosh in the future. Please take the time to read all the information below before configuring your server.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop