I read lots of blog related to UNIX, Linux and open source software. FeedBurner has launched a new service to give its publishers the ability to organize themselves into networks, groups of folks who publish similar content and want band together to leverage the power of many to cross-promote their content and get more attention.
Linux, *BSD and Open Source software network
I’ve created a network called Linux, *BSD and Open Source software network (feed and opml). Some blogger have joined and I’m looking out for more. It is a network comprised of feeds with content similar to mine. By joining network, you'll be associated with this network and will have access to some promotional tools to help us increase traffic and "discoverability" using network badges, chicklets and BuzzBoost, which promotes the top posts from the feeds in our network.
How do I join?
If you write regularly with great content and only write about Linux/UNIX/BSD, open source technology, network and sys admin, write me an email.
How do I remove my feed?
You can remove yourself anytime for the network. Or just shoot me an email.
Is this a blogging network?
No, it is not blogging network like Weblogs, Inc or b5media. This is a collection of Linux and UNIX related feeds. If you join you will get two things:
a) Increase in feed count and traffic
b) You may earn extra buck (if you turn on ads via feedburner)
Are you the owner of this blogging network?
Noop. Feedburner is the owner. I am just a network coordinator. See feedburner FAQ for more information. My role is as follows:
I will be responsible for recruiting new network members who publish similar content and generally keeping the quality of the network up to the standards of the participating publishers.
Can I create my own network?
Lots of Benefits
- Cross-promote your content and get more feed subscribers, exposure and traffic
- Community building
- See official FAQ for more information.
I’m currently sending a feedburner invitation to all friends of nixCraft and other Linux/UNIX blogs. If you would like to join just write me an email along with your blog/site url to vivek@nixCraft.com and I will get back to you :)
If you still have doubts...
Please contact feedburner for more info.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop