First, let me tell you this is not at all true...
Platinax article accused popular Linux distro such as Ubuntu, Trustix, and Suse for sending email spam. From the article:
Some Linux distributions - specifically Ubuntu, Trustix, and Suse - stand accused of sending potential email spam.
This is because once signed up to their email lists, it is next to impossible for users to unsubscribe.
a) That is plain stupid argument. Almost every list has an option to unsubscribe, at the bottom of email.
b) You can always visit project web site, go to lists and unsubscribe
I strongly believe Linux users are little or more smart than average PC user. Period.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop