Earlier today someone in IRC chat room pointed out me an easter egg (hidden feature or message in a game or software or sound track) for Ubuntu Linux.
apt-get command easter egg
Open your terminal and type the command:
(__) (oo) /------\/ / | || * /\---/\ ~~ ~~ ...."Have you mooed today?"...
aptitude command easter egg
Also try out following at a shell prompt:
aptitude -v moo
There really are no Easter Eggs in this program.
Now try one more time:
aptitude -vv moo
Didn't I already tell you that there are no Easter Eggs in this program?
Heh, keep adding more v options to a command:
aptitude -vvv moo
aptitude -vvvvv moo
I'm sure there are more easter eggs. I'd love to read about more hidden features in the comments section below.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop