This is my list of Linux hardware related site. The document list the website or project related to Linux hardware. These are essential web site. Before making your computer hardware (h/w) purchase decision make sure you visit these hardware compatibility list web site.
Wireless LAN resources for Linux
The Linux Wireless LAN Howto is an Open Source project sponsored by Hewlett Packard since 1996, and built with the contribution of many Linux users all over the world. It had the linux wireless LAN Howtos, tutorials and other documents.
Linux USB project
Includes information for USB support under Linux, FAQ, and mailing lists etc
IEEE 1394 is a standard defining a high speed serial bus. This bus is also named FireWire by Apple or i.Link by Sony. This site include information for Firewire support under Linux
LinuxPrinting.org website has resources to help with printing under free operating systems like GNU/Linux and the BSDs or under commercial UNIX-like systems such as Solaris and OS X.
Linux scanner access now easy site includes information for scanner under Linux. SANE stands for "Scanner Access Now Easy:" and is an application programming interface (API) that provides standardized access to any raster image scanner hardware (flatbed scanner, hand-held scanner, video- and still-cameras, frame-grabbers, etc.).
Linmodems - Linux modems (internal aka winmodem)
The Linux Winmodem Support site, includes information for winmodem support under Linux. It has drivers, tutorials and other information. A must have site for any winmodem user.
Installing and using Linux laptop
- Linux laptops -it has information and documentation of interest to those who now use or are considering using Linux on a notebook or laptop computer: http://www.linux-laptop.net/
- Linux with Laptops, Notebooks, PDAs and Mobile Cell Phones: http://tuxmobile.org/
- Linux Dell Laptops FAQ: http://www.whacked.net/ldl/faq/
- Debian Laptop mailing list : http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/
The Linux Hardware Compatibility howto: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/index.html
Linux documentation project hardware links: http://www.tldp.org/links/hw.html
The Suse Linux Hardware Database (HCL): http://cdb.novell.com/
The Red Hat Linux Hardware Database (HCL): http://hardware.redhat.com/
Linux Sound Architecture (sound cards)
The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) provides audio and MIDI functionality to the Linux operating system.
TV cards in Linux
The LinuxTV project develops and maintains the DVB driver subsystem which is included in the Linux 2.6.x kernel.
Essential 3d Video Drivers drivers
- 3-D drivers for Nvidia cards: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
- Drivers for Matrox cards: http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm
- Check if your graphics card / chipset is supported by x.org : http://wiki.x.org/wiki/VideoDrivers
Card Services for Linux is a complete PCMCIA support package
Linux Bluetooth support
The overall goal of this project is to make an implementation of the Bluetooth\u2122 wireless standards specifications for Linux.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop