This is one the most common question asked by newbie: "How do I get (download) and install the 3D accelerated nVidia drivers for Linux system? I am using Fedora/Redhat/Gentoo/(Your distro) Linux..."
Well, nVidia drivers are not included in default kernel as they are not open source drivers. nv driver only provide 2d support.
Step # 1: Download drivers
Download 3D accelerated nVidia drivers. Donâ€™t forget to read installation instructions provided on same site/page.
Step # 2: Configure X
No need to edit X config file by hand. nvidia-xconfig is a tool for manipulating X config files, specifically for use by the NVIDIA Linux graphics driver. So, NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Type the following command to configr X:
Please note that above site also carries driver for FreeBSD desktop.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop