Classmate PC is a small, mobile learning-assistant and educational solution that Intel specially developed for students in emerging markets such as India, Mexico etc.
The rugged learning device, designed to provide affordable, collaborative learning environments.
This PC comes with Mandriva Linux (another good Linux desktop distro).
A classmate PC is designed with a set of particular features, such as:
Rugged, light-weight, and easy to carry design, integrated handwriting hardware technology, and a software stack with validated educational applications, e.g., education management technology.
Wireless and messaging systems that allow a tight integration and interaction between users from different groups, allowing them to share experiences, communicate and coordinate activities, and collaborate.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop