The 'Make The Move' project aims to present Linux and free open source software as viable alternatives to other systems and to provide helpful information for people considering to 'make the move'.
This site is a good to make move to Linux. It offers few tips, newbie information and most important it will guide you to get started with OSS and Linux.
Home page includes sections such as:
=> What is FOSS and Linux?
=> Why should I move?
=> Available software and Links to download Linux etc
From the site:
Make The Move is about your choice of software on your computer. It shouldn't be left up to some store to give you something that they get a rebate on. It shouldn't be something that restricts you in how you use it and what you can do with it, that reports back to its makers without telling you, that could stop you using it if it decides you need to pay them more money. It shouldn't tie up your music and your DVDs, locking them into formats that you can't put on your portable music player. It shouldn't tie up your files to be only sharable with people who have paid money for the same products.
You may also find following resources helpful on our site:
Make sure you share *your own experience* with us regarding Linux migration. What difficulties you've faced while making the switch? Give us your $.02... ;)TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop