This small handy how-to explains howto make a DVD from CDs. It will save some bandwidth and time.
People have requested to have a single DVD instead of the 5 CDs. The reasons for this are various. I have written a program called makeSUSEdvd that can make the DVD in a very easy manner. First download the CDs. These can be either the Novell SUSE CDs or the openSUSE CDs. You do not need to burn them, just put them in one directory with only the 3, 5 or 6 CDs in it. You will need the root password. If you do not have that, the program is not good and you should do it by hand.
Read more...TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop