Microsoft claims that free software like Linux, which runs a big chunk of corporate America, violates 235 of its patents. It wants royalties from distributors and users. Users like you and me, maybe the next. WTF?
Go sue me. We hosts and run more than 5000 Linux server and we are not going to pay you a single penny. At least several hundred of our own server runs Microsoft server operating system and other software. Are you going to sue your own customers? Great news! Microsoft load balance its own website using Linux based solution.
Let me tell you simple truth - we buy Linux and open source because of quality and reliability. Everyone has right to buy the BEST software. Money comes next. If you sue us, it is going to be another SCO kind of *flop* show…
My guess is Microsoft is quite upset because of latest Dell move to supply Ubuntu pre installed on its Desktop and Laptops. What do you think? Please add your thoughts in the comments!
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop