I'm not pro windows user, nevertheless it is a good news. Some time I got to deal with Microsoft desktop products and vista is the worst operating system out there. Also, Microsoft may have little choice but to support XP for an extended period since most of its business customers have not upgraded to Windows Vista.
This is the best thing Microsoft could have ever done, IMPO. This will help both IT stuff, admins and users. Also Microsoft don't want to promote Linux here:
TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
Without continued access XP, manufacturers of such systems would be forced to offer them with the rival Linux OS on board -- a situation Microsoft is hoping to preempt.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop