Mozilla has released software updates to fix at least 8 security vulnerabilities (3 critical bugs) in its Firefox software for the Windows, Linux, Mac and other platforms. You can now download Firefox version 3.0.5. This update has been rated as having important security impact.
What's new in Firefox 3.0.5
- Fixed several security issues.
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Official releases for the Bengali, Esperanto, Galician, Hindi, and Latvian languages are now available.
- Replaced the End-User License Agreement with a new "Know Your Rights" info bar on initial install.
- When installing multiple signed XPIs simultaneously, previous versions of Firefox would fail.
- Fixed several issues found in the accessibility implementation.
- Added the ability to send OS-specific system notes in the crash reporter.
How do I update Firefox software under Windows or Mac OS X?
Firefox's auto-update feature should automatically download new updates, and users will be prompted to restart the browser to complete the process.
Linux user should use their package management tool to apply updates or simply download and install Firefox using these instructions.Tweet itFacebook itGoogle+ itPDF itFound an error/typo on this page?