MythTV is a GPL licensed suite of applications that, together, provide a complete home entertainment system. The system's capabilities include television, movies, music, photography and the display of other information like weather and news. It has been developed using only open source components and works under a variety of operating systems from Linux to Mac OS X.
This TechBrief provides an introduction to the leading open source home media convergence system, Mythical TV, more commonly referred to as MythTV.
MythTV is a digital entertainment suite that is as sophisticated as any commercial system available on the market today. Part 1 serves as an introduction to MythTV and guide to install the latest development frontend and backend on Ubuntu Linux. It covers building the development branch of the project suite using the latest source. Due to the complexity and variations of hardware and software, this brief will only focus on North American service. Part 2 will focus on building and installing the complete set of official modules.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop