Update: See howto configure Viewsonic VG1930WM 19″ widescreen LCD for 1440×900 resolution under Linux.
I’ve been thinking to post about this for a while. My old 15" CRT monitor died three weeks ago. I decided to replace the faulty monitor with the 19” ViewSonic and I'm glad I did.
The monitor works with Ubuntu Linux with little tweaks in X.ORG configuration file.. It is a remarkable monitor with a decent price tag.
I’m using 1400x900 screen resolutions and I’m quite happy with this display unit. Now I can view MRTG graph, monitor routers and server on a large screen. At work place I’ve 24” widescreen LCD monitor.
However my desktop system is quite old. It has Intel Celeron 1.7Ghz with 512+256 MB RAM. I’m thinking to upgrade this box with AMD 64 X2 5600+, MSI Diamond motherboard with RAID 5, SATA II, 2 Gig DDR2, and 512 MB graphics card. If you know better hardware configuration please add your thoughts in comments!
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop