=> You can build and test regular expressions (regexps) on UNIX systems in several ways. Discover the available tools and techniques that can help you learn how to construct regular expressions for various programs and languages.
=> The Free Software community is well known for its diversity. This is most obvious at the application level, but even exists in the context of operating systems. David Chisnall takes a break from UNIX-derivatives and explores some of the more esoteric options. DragonFly BSD aims to support Single System Image clustering.
=> Mozilla Rewriting A Lot Of Code For Upcoming Firefox Version 3 : Mozilla programmers are touching most of the software components to increase performance, make the code base more modular and deal with new security threats.
=> Red Hat Linux gets top government security rating : Red Hat Linux has received a new level of security certification that should make the software more appealing to some government agencies.
=> Comprehensive review of Modern Word Processors - In part one we look at the majors players; in part two we try out the second-tier contenders; part three examines the online word processors challenging the desktop heavy hitters.
=> No Negotiations with Microsoft in Progress - says : We have declined to discuss any agreement with Microsoft under the threat of unspecified patent infringements.
=> It is no secret that I'm a big fan of the open source Xen virtual machine hypervisor, and I've written several tools to make using it under Debian GNU/Linux more straightforward. Here we'll take a quick look at using xen-tools to easily create new Xen guest domains.
=> Yeah, I’ve read them too. Lists of shell tricks you already know - pstree (wow!) bc (bash already has built-in math), and a dozen commands you see in every Linux site, book, and training course. Here’s a list of few useful commands you haven’t heard before.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop