Ubuntu has the strongest chance to take Linux mainstream
Interesting interview with Samba's Jeremy Allison - Samba project founder.
Comming soon: Wine 64 bit For 64 bit MS-Windows application
I can finally report success on the first ever win64 program running on wine. The program was a textbook classic, but to make it work gcc had to be changed a lot. This was done by Kai Tietz, who has put a lot of effort in the task of making gcc accept the calling convention.
Windows XP: The OS That Won't Quit
Dell announced it will offer systems with the aging Windows XP for a surcharge of US$150 over the newer Windows Vista--this only five months after it stopped offering XP on its Inspiron consumer desktop and laptop PCs. It is time to move on to Linux ;)
Culture and community go hand-in-hand with Perl programming
This time we chat with Larry Wall, creator of the Perl programming language and regarded as the father of modern scripting languages.
Linux scalability and performance notes from Facebook
Great talk! If you've read anything about scaling large websites, you've probably heard about memcached. memcached is a high-performance, distributed memory object caching system. Here at Facebook, we're likely the world's largest user of memcached.
How to sync Evolution with Google's PIM apps
While I'm a die-hard Google user -- especially the PIM apps -- I still appreciate offline applications for the integration with the desktop, speed, and features they sport. The Evolution contact and calendaring application is a great example: it's as feature-packed as Microsoft Outlook, but with GNOME integration, and it's fast. Gmail, by comparison, is slow and lacks any desktop integration. In a perfect world, Evolution would sync with Google's PIM apps. Unfortunately, there aren't any good, easy-to-use, comprehensive guides for setting up Evolution to sync with all of these apps -- until now.
WordPress Disable RSS Feed
Explains how to disable WordPress RSS / Atom / RSS2 feed url in 2 simple steps.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop