Holiday Giveaway: Win Learning Nagios 3.0 Book (total three copies)
nixCraft regular contributor Ramesh is running a small contest. You can win 3 copies of Nagios (a popular open source computer system and network monitoring application software) books for yourself.
Serious security flaw found in IE
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer are being urged by experts to switch to a rival until a serious security flaw has been fixed. The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say. Maybe, it is time to switch to Firefox :D
Top 10 Linux Financial Tools
The arena of finance is no exception. Plenty of outstanding financial applications are available for the Linux operating system. From personal finance to business finance, there is an application for nearly every need. Let's take a look at the top Linux financial applications.
Wikipedia now available for mobile phone / devices
Sweet, now access millions of articles from your PDA or smart mobile phone device.
How To Select Netbooks Powered by Open-source Linux OS
Netbooks are small computers that are cheaper and lighter than full-scale laptops. They have their merits-but do not ask too much of them.
Famous Awk One-Liners Explained
This is the second part of a three-part article on the famous Awk one-liners. This part will explain Awk one-liners for text conversion and substitution.
Killer Add-ons Make Songbird So Much Better
Like Firefox, the open source media player Songbird is a pretty neat alternative to a big-name competitor on its own, but the ability to extend it through add-ons is what really makes it boss.
The Dark Knight on Blu-ray DVD -Available now!
Batman and the Joker will be unleashed on Gotham -- and the world -- just in time for the holidays.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop