Recently updated/posted Linux and UNIX FAQ:
=> Boot Ubuntu Linux into Rescue mode to fix system - How do I boot my Ubuntu Linux server into Rescue mode to fix system?
=> Unable to create installation source - Add directories into YaST as an installation source - I have created my own patch files on the hard drive. How do I add all those directories into Suse Linux YaST as an installation source?
=> How to uninstall GRUB - How do I uninstall GRUB using old good MS-DOS fdisk or Linux/UNIX dd command?
=> Can I run fsck or e2fsck when Linux file system is mounted? Can I run run fsck/e2fsc on a live Linux file system?
=> Configure Sendmail SSL encryption for sending and receiving email - Configure Sendmail MTA to use SSL encryption for sending/receiving email using valid SSL certificate.
=> Linux configure Network Address Translation or NAT - Old good Linux NAT!
=> Use sudo or sudoers to start, stop & restart Apache - Sudo to stop and/or restart Apache web server!
=> How to install firefox-2.0.tar.gz in Linux - I have downloaded firefox file from mozilla web site to my Linux desktop system. The name of file is firefox-2.0.tar.gz. How do I install firefox-2.0.tar.gz in Fedora Core Linux?
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop