Call it a philosophy, a movement, or a methodology. Call it what you like, but open source has revolutionized the software economy, changing the way software is being built, sold, and used around the globe.
If a rising tide raises all boats, then open sourcing is the next big tide in the world of technology. Sun Executive Boardroom is pleased to present an interview with Senior Vice President of Software Marketing Peder Ulander, who joins us to discuss the myriad of doors that open sourcing opens for developers, enterprises and customers.
At the end of the day, companies generally want to have:
=> commercially-indemnified technologies when they go to market.
Read complete interview: Open Source Galvanizing the New Market Economy...
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop