Recently I was looking for XML reporting engine that allows me to generate reports from a variety of different MySQL databases. Your reports can be generated as PDF, PostScript, XML, HTML, DVI, Latex or straight ANSI text. Papyrus will correctly represent the reports in each of these outputted mediums with as much support as it can provide. The Papyrus XML language is aimed from a formatting perspective. To give you the ability to generate the best looking reports at ease.
From the project home page:
Papyrus reports are written in XML. This XML file contains SQL database queries, equations, formatting and layout. Reporting is done in a two phase process. In the first phase the SQL statements and equations are excuted. The second phase handles all the formatting and layout. While reports are normally printed, we have developed a number of different ways in which reports are generated.
There are three main reporting output engines: a Latex, ANSI and HTML version. Your reports do not need to be modified between output versions, so you can export to different media without problems. The latex version is normally used for generating PDF and PostScript reports and is best suited for paper printed reports. HTML is designed for reports for the web, which can be a powerful addition to any large web application. The ANSI was designed for line printers but is also useful in Unix for piping.
Download Papyrus Reporting Software
=> Visit offical site hereTwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop