Our very first, nixCraft poll we asked readers of this blog the question:
Do you own or recommend AMD64 based system?
Thanks to everyone, total 670 people responded to the poll. Results are as follows:
- 89% said either they own or recommend AMD64 based system
- 7% do not recommend it at all
- 4% recommend Intel based system
I am planning to purchase new server based on dual AMD64 for my home/office network. It will run either Red Hat enterprise or Debian Linux. :)
New poll: Are you going to try or upgrade to enterprise grade Ubuntu Linux (code-named Dapper Drake)?
New Enterprise-Level Ubuntu Due This Week and our new poll question is:
Are you going to try or upgrade to enterprise grade Ubuntu Linux ?
Originally, Ubuntu Linux was introduced as an easy to use desktop Linux os. Now they are introducing enterprise version. Debian is stable and perfect choice for (besides RHEL/Suse and other Linux distros) my server requirements. Therefore, I am just wondering if you: Are you going to try or upgrade to enterprise grade Ubuntu Linux?
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop