Our last poll asked readers of this blog the question:
Are you going to try or upgrade to enterprise grade Ubuntu Linux (code-named Dapper Drake)?
Thanks to everyone, total 338 people responded to the poll. Results are as follows:
- 51% said they are happy with current setup/Linux/BSD distribution
- 33% said they are willing to upgrade
- 15% said they are not sure or they are not going to upgrade
It looks like people are following old mantra: If It's Not Broken, Don't Fix It. Personally I will stick to *BSD or RHEL only.
New poll: Which Webserver do you use?
Again I am using Apache 1.3x and lighttpd (for rails apps). I am interested to see what fellow sys admins are using and why?TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop