Postfix MTA updated to fix security vulnerabilities such as incorrectly checks the ownership of a mailbox. In some configurations, this allows for appending data to arbitrary files as root. This update has been rated as having moderate security impact.
All users of postfix should upgrade to these updated packages.
How do I patch Postfix under Debian / Ubuntu Linux?
First, update the internal database, enter:
# apt-get update
Install corrected Postfix package, enter:
# apt-get upgrade
How do I patch Postfix under RHEL / CentOS Linux?
Type the following command under RHEL / CentOS 5.x:
# yum update
Type the following command under RHEL <= 4.x:
# up2date -u
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop