Traditionally bc did a good job at a shell prompt. Earlier I wrote about qalculate-kde
speedcrunch is a fast, high precision and powerful desktop calculator. It works under
[b] Mac OS X
SpeedCrunch is easier to use
You just type the expression that you want to calculate and hit [Enter] key. You can see clearly what you typed along with the result in the scrollable display. That is faster and more convenient just like bc but in a GUI interface. A good tool for all new Linux user.
Another good thing is it can recall the expression which you typed before, just press up and down arrow to access the expression history.
It can highlight syntax so that yu can easily distinguish numbers from variables or you can the matched parentheses.
How do I install speedcrunch under Linux?
Simply use apt-get or yum command:
$ sudo apt-get install speedcrunch
$ sudo yum install speedcrunch
Download speedcrunchTwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop