I was just searching this information, and found neat way to setting up a Linux as an answering, and fax machine.
Because many small businesses and startups don't have the resources that the big companies have, like a dedicated receptionist or a 24/7 call centre. But with the help of some technology and good taste you can get a long way to help your (potential) customers when you are out of the office.
VOCP system is much more than an answering machine, VOCP transforms your computer into a full-featured call answering and voice messaging system. With the VOCP System, you can create an unlimited number of voicemail, pager and command shell boxes which callers will navigate using their touch tone telephone. You can send and receive faxes, listen to your email using text-to-speech, filter and redirect calls based on caller ID information, run programs through the telephone and more. It should work on Linux, BSD, Solairs systems.
- Complete information on setting up a VOCP
- Tutorial from Novell: Setting up a SuSE Linux 10 PC as an answering and fax machine
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop