David Crouse has published a small set of cool bash functions that prints weather, stock etc.
From the Novell Cool Solution page:
Many times I prefer to just work from the shell. I wrote some functions for my .bashrc file that I thought I would share.
The .bashrc file is a great place to put functions if your using them regularly. Alternatively, you could alias the programs but since they are small, I don't mind putting them in the .bashrc file just to keep it simple.
Here are a few of the functions I wrote.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop