Flickr is well know image hosting website, web services and an online community platform for sharing stuff.
Flickrfs is a virtual filesystem which mounts on your linux machine like any other partition. Once mounted, it retrieves information about your photos hosted on your flickr account, and shows them as files. You can now easily copy photos from your local machine to this mount, and it will automatically upload them to your flickr account. Similary, you can copy the files from your mount to your local machine, and it will download your images from flickr.
Manish has all the information about installing FlickerFS under Linux and Ubuntu computer.
Desktop Flickr Organizer
Desktop Flickr Organizer (DFO) is a flickr photos organizer right on your Linux desktop. helps you store and manage a local backup of your Flickr photos. It also lets you tag, organize, comment on and manage those photos from your desktop.
(Fig. 01: DFO in action)
=> Download DFO software (via Wired how to wiki)
On October 9th, 2007, Guardian Digital announced the newest release of EnGarde Secure Linux: Community 3.0.17 (Version 3.0, Release 17) server edition.
– Enterprise Reliability and scalability in a Community Platform
– Integrated SELinux policies and Firewall Functionality
– Intrusion detection and Complete Monitoring Services
– Web and Email Security Services
– Quick and easy Network Installation
– Combining the best of Open Source technologies
– Support for TCB, an alternative password shadowing scheme, has been added. This allows most system utilities to work with the least amount of privilege possible and, when properly configured, can allow you to run a system with zero setuid binaries.
– powernowd, a daemon to control the CPU speed and voltage of your server, is also now available. Once properly configured, powernowd can dynamically adjust the speed and voltage of your CPU, via the kernel CPUFreq and sysfs interfaces, to preserve power when it’s idle.
– A very early-stage version of Samba 4 for users to evaluate.
– Samba 4 and much more
Download EnGarde Secure Linux
=> Visit official site to download latest release. Don’t forget to check out EnGarde secure Linux documentation section. It offers quick start guide and other howtos.