Many commercial companies emphasizes the use of its own products inside the company to convey the confidence in its own product.
Now Microsoft decided to eats its own dog food. Microsoft is preparing a fully Silverlight-powered redesign of their website. This will push Silverlight usage to more users. Silverlight is a runtime for browser-based Rich Internet Applications, providing a subset of the animation, vector graphics, and video playback capabilities of Windows Presentation Foundation. The runtime is available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, with Linux support under development via the third-party Moonlight runtime.
=> More information: Microsoft to Push Silverlight via Redesigned Homepage
This is an interesting idea. You can get instant access to your Linux desktop at anytime from within Microsoft Windows. This article will tell you everything you need to know in order to make a USB flash drive with Ubuntu Linux installed. You need:
- Obviously you need a USB flash drive (at least 2GB).
- You'll need a working computer running Microsoft Windows with a USB port available.
- A copy of the Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy .ISO file (it's 750MB).
- A copy of Qemu (this is the program that allows Ubuntu to actually run on Windows).
- A copy of Kqemu accelerator. This helps Qemu speed up Ubuntu.
- A copy of startubuntu.tar - This file holds two custom batch and img files.
- The HP-USB format tool to clear your USB drive.
Read rest of the procedure : How to put Ubuntu Linux on a flash drive and run it under Windows (penlinux.com)