On October 9th, 2007, Guardian Digital announced the newest release of EnGarde Secure Linux: Community 3.0.17 (Version 3.0, Release 17) server edition.
– Enterprise Reliability and scalability in a Community Platform
– Integrated SELinux policies and Firewall Functionality
– Intrusion detection and Complete Monitoring Services
– Web and Email Security Services
– Quick and easy Network Installation
– Combining the best of Open Source technologies
– Support for TCB, an alternative password shadowing scheme, has been added. This allows most system utilities to work with the least amount of privilege possible and, when properly configured, can allow you to run a system with zero setuid binaries.
– powernowd, a daemon to control the CPU speed and voltage of your server, is also now available. Once properly configured, powernowd can dynamically adjust the speed and voltage of your CPU, via the kernel CPUFreq and sysfs interfaces, to preserve power when it’s idle.
– A very early-stage version of Samba 4 for users to evaluate.
– Samba 4 and much more