OpenBSD 4.4 has been released and available for download (jump to download link ) from official project website. OpenBSD is often the first to add new security tools to make it harder to break, developers have also carefully read through the programming code to check for mistakes more than once. OpenBSD is also used for protecting networking using its pf firewall.
What’s new in OpenBSD 4.4
- A new tool sysmerge(8), derived from the old mergemaster port, makes it easier to merge configuration files changes during an upgrade.
- Fully support OpenBSD inside extended partitions on i386 and amd64.
- During installation ‘dhcp’ is now the initial default answer during network configuration.
- New experimental fingerprint ASCII art visualisation system for easier verification of remote keys. Added chroot(2) support for sshd(8).
- Added an extended test mode (-T) to sshd(8).
- Make ssh(1) support negation of groups in a “Match group” block.
- Over 5205 ports, minor robustness improvements in package tools.
- See all new features here.
OpenBSD 4.4 Download
You can grab OpenBSD ISO and boot files from the FTP server or mirror machines.
OpenBSD download: OpenBSD 4.4 CD ISO download
- Click here to grab OpenBSD 4.4 32bit CD ISO image ( 216M) [ master mirror ]
- Click here to grab OpenBSD 4.4 64bit CD ISO image ( 216M) [ master mirror ]