This tutorial is organized according to the specific objectives of the LPI exam for this topic. This tutorial can help you study for certification -- or simply build a solid foundation in Linux system administration.
In this tutorial, Ian Shields continues preparing you to take the Linux Professional Institute Junior Level Administration (LPIC-1) Exam 102. In this sixth
in a series of nine tutorials, Ian introduces you to administrative tasks. By the end of this tutorial, you will know how to manage users and groups, set user
profiles and environments, use log files, schedule jobs, back up your data, and maintain the system time.
LPI tutorial topics
- Manage user and group accounts
- Tune user and system environments
- Configure and use system log files to meet administrative and security needs
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs to run in the future
- Maintain an effective data backup strategy
- Maintain system time
LPI exam 102 prep, Topic 111: Administrative tasks Junior Level Administration (LPIC-1) topic 111 (free registration required)