The Java Desktop System is not a secure but very good total enterprise desktop software system. It is the best alternative to Microsoft Windows XP and now sun made it Free and available on OpenSolaris.However this the source-only release contains the major new features such as GNOME 2.10, Firefox 1.5b,and Thunderbird 1.5b. It means you need to compile or build desktop for yourself. Open Solaris has howto document that explains how to build JDS on OpenSolaris. More information can be found at OpenSolaris Desktop community site.
Between if you use and love Solaris 10 OS, then tell your story to Sun to win an Apple iPod. In addition to this, there is free Solaris Technology Training Event (Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.) On December 7, 2005, attend "How-to" training on an array of hot technology topics, including developer tools, OpenSolaris, security, performance, and more. You can win cool prices here too.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop